As someone who is easily annoyed, I can relate to the Berserker. She looks like she’s having a bad day, every single day. Everything makes her mad, and all she wants to do is punch things with her gigantic metal fist.
Despite her run-of-the-mill design, Berserker is a decent P2P hero in Lords Mobile. She’s versatile and can boost your entire army in battle. She’s also pretty handy in the Colosseum. If you want to find out more about her (obviously you do, since you clicked on this guide), then keep reading.
“I’ll make your blood run cold!” –Ursula
Who Is Berserker?
Backstories aren’t exactly Lords Mobile’s strong point. The developers don’t tend to put a ton of time into writing epic stories to give their heroes character and personality. And the Berserker got one of the most boring backgrounds of all. Are you ready for this? The Berserker (real name: Ursula) was sick and weak as a child. Then she got strong and killed a bear. That’s it. Moving on.
This is the part where I get to give Berserker a rating. And even if you disagree, I don’t care. Go and make your own Lords Mobile site if you’re not happy.
Taking everything into account about Ursula, including her design and abilities, I’m awarding her a respectable 6/10. She’s got some good abilities and is a nice all-rounder for rallying and battles. However, she has to lose a few points for that boring backstory.
Plus, even though she killed a bear once, she’s not exactly the best monster hunter. And a big problem with Berserker is that there are other heroes (including F2P heroes) who can do the same things she does, but better.
I’m already bored of Berserker’s punk rock face, so let’s move on and take a look at her abilities. I’ll show you her Battle Skills and Hero Skills, sharing my thoughts on both.
I’ll begin with the Battle Skills:
- Primal Cry: This skill deals up to 200% squad ATK as DMG to any enemy troops in your way. It’s a pretty standard skill that other heroes have, just with a different name.
- Battle Song: This only activates when deployed. It provides up to 25% more max HP for your entire army.
- Impenetrable Defense: Another “When Deployed” skill, Impenetrable Defense provides up to 25% more army DEF.
- Army ATK Boost: Do you need me to explain this one? Just look at the name! It gives you up to 20% more army ATK when Ursula is deployed.
These Battle Skills are by far the best thing about the Berserker. Most other heroes in Lords only boost one particular type of troop, like your infantry or cavalry. Instead, the Berserker helps out your entire army.
Here are her Hero Skills:
- Glacial Geyser: Weirdly, despite being a strength hero, Berserker has this magical ice attack that summons icicles from the ground. It deals some mid-range damage to any enemies in a line in front of you. It also freezes enemies, but only for two seconds.
- Grizzly Smash: Finally, we get to see that massive metal hand in action. Grizzly Smash allows Ursula to throw a mega punch at anything in her way. It can hit multiple enemies and knocks them back a little.
- Ursine Wrath: They really should have called this skill “Bear Wrath,” as I’m sure you guys don’t know what “Ursine” means. Either way, this skill raises Ursula’s MDEF for 8 seconds, which isn’t half-bad. She also does a bit of damage to anyone ahead of her.
- Arctic Roar: This is a nice passive ability that makes every other hero in the party get more STR.
Overall, these skills are fine if you’re looking for a tank to soak up some hits, deal some damage, and give everyone else a boost.
At the same time, none of these skills are particularly special or game-changing. Plus, some of them have way better alternatives. For example, Snow Queen’s “Cold Snap” is much more effective than “Glacial Geyser,” and it freezes enemies for longer. And Snow Queen doesn’t cost hundreds of dollars!
Moving on, here’s a quick list of some other stats and specs for the Berserker:
- Type: Infantry
- Class: Strength
- Species: Human
- Sex: Female
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Berserker
Berserker is a P2P hero. That means you will not be able to unlock her via gameplay. Even if you are an absolute beast at this game and conquer the entire kingdom map, you’re still going to have to pay up.
More precisely, you’ll have to pay $4.99 to unlock the Berserker at common level. Not so bad, right? Well, common level sucks. To rank up the Berserker and make her actually useful, you’ll need to spend much, much more money.
You have two options here. If you don’t mind waiting a while to level up Ursula, you can buy the $5 medal packs which reset every few weeks. That’ll cost you $165 in the end. Otherwise, if you want her leveled up right away, it’ll cost $775. You could get an iPhone for that same amount. Just something to think about.
What do I recommend? I think Berserker is fine, but she isn’t worth over 700 bucks. I’d recommend leveling her gradually with the $5 method and using other heroes in the meantime.
Berserker and the Colosseum
The fun thing about the Colosseum is that there are lots of different ways to approach it. Sure, many of those ways will result in defeat, but you’re still free to experiment with different heroes and lineups. And the Berserker can be a part of those experiments.
She’s a solid tank, soaking up damage to ease the pressure on other members of the party. Plus, her stun and knock-back abilities can prove helpful for weaker heroes that need some time and space to prepare their attacks.
She’s still not one of the absolute best Colosseum heroes, but she’s pretty cool overall. Get it? If you use her, I recommend balancing your lineup with agility or intelligence heroes, as well as tossing in a healer.
Rallying with Berserker
Rallying is where Berserker shines. She fits the role of commander perfectly with her big army boosts. This can give you a huge advantage when attacking other players. Plus, even against stronger, fortified defenses, Berserker’s bonuses will help you even the odds.
Monster Hunting with Berserker
Monster hunting isn’t Berserker’s strong suit. That’s fine, we all have our weaknesses, except me. Despite her huge fist and epic bear-killing backstory (that’s sarcasm, by the way), she’s not much use in monster fights. That’s the way the cookie crumbles for most STR heroes in the game.
You won’t notice her in almost any of the best lineups for beating the various monsters that pop up on the kingdom map. That doesn’t mean you can’t use her for hunting. It just means that she won’t be very good. And your team will probably die before the timer.
Try her out against low-level creatures that are weak against physical damage. But don’t bother using her in any other hunts.
Tips and Trivia
- The Berserker was put in Lords Mobile on March 26, 2017.
- F2P Alternatives: Most of the freebie heroes are incapable of providing any army boosts to rival Berserker, but Bombin’ Goblin can help with army ATK. Rose Knight is a good alternative for Colosseum and monster hunting.
- P2P Alternatives: The best P2P alternative to Berserker is Lore Weaver. Yes, they’re totally different in terms of their type and abilities, but Lore Weaver offers the exact same army boosts as Berserker (ATK, DEF, and HP). Songstress of the Sea and Storm Fox are also good choices.