Black Crow is one of the many archers in Lords Mobile. She also happens to be one of the best. In fact, when it comes to dealing damage, she’s one of the leading free-to-play (F2P) heroes in the entire game. So, if you’re smart, you’ll focus on leveling her up early.
Unfortunately, I know that most of you aren’t smart, and you need me to hold your hand and walk you through everything, step by step. Well, I’m not holding any of your gross, greasy hands, but I will tell you all you need to know about Black Crow. So keep reading and enjoy the benefit of my glorious wisdom.
“An arrow through the sky, an arrow through the eye.” –Chadra
Who Is Black Crow?
Buckle up because we’re about to enjoy another awful Lords Mobile backstory. Black Crow’s real name is Chadra. She’s a drow and hates humans, but likes fighting in their wars anyway because it means more of them get killed. She also apparently brings bad luck, which is why she got the nickname “Black Crow.” That’s it. I wish I could tell you more, but that’s all the lazy, boring lore that IGG has given us.
Black Crow Score
If I were judging based on the story alone, Black Crow would get 0/10. Her name is dumb, too. The “Black” part is pointless. When did you last see a green crow? They’re almost all black. It’s like calling her “White Polar Bear” or “Gray Elephant.”
Luckily for Chadra, I’m also considering other factors when I rate her, like her skills and usefulness in battle. And even though she has a D-grade backstory, her Hero Skills and Battle Skills deserve an A+.
Repeating myself here for those who missed it the first time: she’s one of the top F2P damage dealers in Lords Mobile. This makes her super useful for monster hunting and the Colosseum, and I’m not just saying that. She appears in many of my top-rated hero lineups, and she’s not a terrible commander for rallying and battles, either.
With all that in mind, Chadra gets a very impressive 8.5/10 from me. She’s the ultimate example of why you don’t need to buy P2P heroes to compete and have fun in this game.
Disagree with my rating? Well, you’re wrong. And in this section, I’ll prove just how wrong you are by looking at Black Crow’s Battle and Hero Skills.
Let’s start with the Battle Skills.
- Silent Kill: This deals up to 200% squad ATK as DMG to enemy troops.
- Ranged HP Boost: This is a “When Deployed” skill, meaning it only activates when you send Black Crow onto the battlefield. It improves ranged HP by up to 50%.
- Ranged DEF Boost: Another “When Deployed” skill, this one improves ranged DEF by 50%.
- Trap ATK Boost: This skill is more about defense than offense, increasing trap ATK by 30% to strengthen your fortifications.
Chadra provides some big boosts to ranged HP and DEF. That’s great, and so is she, but I wish she helped with ATK, too. She’s still one of the best F2P ranged commanders, but Snow Queen does it a little better with ATK and HP boosts. This is why I couldn’t give Black Crow any higher than 8.5/10.
Next, let’s see her Hero Skills:
- Arrow Rain: Chadra’s ultimate attack is very effective. She fires a ton of arrows, hitting enemies four times each.
- Achilles’ Shot: Chadra targets her enemy’s weak point, causing Bleeding for three seconds and dealing damage.
- Piercing Arrow: This skill bypasses any enemy armor, dealing decent damage and causing the Vulnerable effect for five seconds.
- Vengeance: Black Crow’s passive ability improves the ATK of all nearby allies.
Black Crow likes to hurt things, and that’s clear by looking at her Hero Skills. They’re all about damage. Her ultimate can wipe out enemies in a flash, and her other abilities should help you win way more fights.
Here’s some additional info about Chadra:
- Type: Ranged
- Class: Agility
- Species: Drow
- Sex: Female
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Black Crow
Thankfully for all the cheapskates out there, Black Crow is 100% F2P. You won’t need to spend any cash to unlock her. But you will need to spend a lot of time earning the necessary medals to boost her all the way up to Legendary.
You can find Black Crow Medals in Elite Hero Stages. You’ll require 10 medals to access her at base level or 330 to max her out. It’s a grind, but for Black Crow, the grind is worth it. Once she reaches Legendary, her skills become so powerful.
Black Crow and the Colosseum
If you asked me to name the best F2P Colosseum lineup, Black Crow would be in it. She’s one of the most effective offensive heroes in this part of the game. You can always count on her to smash through your enemies’ HP.
The only issue is that you may need to include a healer or a couple of support heroes in your lineup to balance Black Crow out and keep everybody alive. She’ll do damage, but that’s all she’ll do. You can’t stun enemies or provide healing boosts for her allies.
Rallying With Black Crow
For rallying, Black Crow’s not bad. She’s a good ranged troops leader, making them much harder to kill with HP and DEF boosts. Her traps are also on point if you want to fortify your castle walls. I just wish she had some sort of ATK boost for ranged soldiers.
Monster Hunting With Black Crow
If you haven’t been including Black Crow in your F2P lineups, you’re playing the game wrong. Go to your room and think about how stupid you’ve been. Then come back and read the rest of this guide.
Chadra is a ticket to victory against any monster with low physical defense. If you match her up with other strong F2P agility heroes, like Scarlet Bolt, she’ll tear through even the biggest and baddest beasts.
Even if you have access to most of the P2P heroes, Black Crow is still one of the best options you’ve got for wearing down high-level, high-HP monsters. Just remember to add a healer to your team so Chadra doesn’t die too soon.
Tips and Trivia
- F2P Alternatives: Death Archer and Scarlet Bolt are the top F2P alternatives to Black Crow for Hero mode. If you need a good ranged troop commander, try Child of Light.
- P2P Alternatives: Among the P2P heroes, Ethereal Guide is great for improving ranged ATK and DEF, and Grove Guardian is another excellent ranged leader. Mastercook is a fun offensive-oriented option for Hero mode.