Bombin’ Goblin is one of the most useless heroes in Lords Mobile. He is free to play, but I don’t see why would someone play him. He is worthless in many situations, and there are way better heroes you can use for the Colosseum, Monster Hunting, or Hero Stages.
However, his skill set is interesting, and there is an edge to learning how to combine his skills and which situations he fits best. Read on if you want to know more about Bombin’ Goblin.
“Life is a bomb. You gotta go out with a bang!” – Bombin’ Goblin
Who Is Bombin’ Goblin?
Bombin’ Goblin’s real name is Tinkus, and I can’t decide which name sounds worse. IGG did another outstanding job of creating a rich backstory for heroes. Again, nothing is known about where Tinkus came from or his aspirations. All we know about this goblin is that he likes to play with explosives and that everyone should be careful around him. Duh!
Tinkus is prone to killing himself, as seen from his quote and his skills, and of course, the fact that he loves bombs. However, I still haven’t gotten to the part about his skills, so prepare for a bumpy ride.
Bombin’ Goblin Score
I get to be mean to this worthless piece of a hero, and he deserves it as much as the developers who made him. Bombin’ Goblin’s design is a mess. I don’t know what IGG was thinking when creating this one.
His Battle Skills are subpar at best, with few of them being helpful in any way. As for his Hero Skills, he can deal quite a lot of damage with his bombs. But one of the abilities only works when he dies, so you tell me how useful he can be if he’s dead.
Considering his ugly appearance, no backstory, and the fact that he is almost utterly useless, I’d give him a generous 3/10.
Tinkus is a D-tier Lords Mobile hero, and his Battle and Hero Skills are what you expect from a score this low. If you made it this far and really want to know what this hero is all about, let’s get to it.
Bombin’ Goblin Battle Skills are:
- Meteor: This tactics skill can deal up to 200% squad ATK as DMG to enemy troops.
- Trap Durability Boost: This is a “When Deployed” skill (like the following two skills) that increases the durability of Tinkus’ traps. This means the max HP of the traps is increased by up to 75%
- Trap ATK Boost: This one increases the ATK of the traps by up to 30%.
- Army ATK Boost: Increases the ATK of the army by up to 20%.
This set of Battle Skills can be helpful if you let Tinkus protect your wall. He has time to set up his traps, and his ATK boost is a good addition in this situation. However, if you put him in the attacking lineup, he will be pretty useless. He can’t utilize his traps in battle, so you can use only one skill, Army ATK Boost.
Now, let’s look at his Hero Skills.
- Chain Reaction: Tinkus throws bombs at his enemies dealing damage five times in a medium area. This is the ultimate ability.
- Big Ol’ Bomb: He throws a bomb at enemies, this time dealing damage in a smaller area.
- Explosive Gift: Another bomb he throws, this time in the form of a gift. This skill deals damage and Stuns enemies for 3s.
- Last Burst: When he dies, Tinkus’ explosives are ignited, dealing damage to all enemies. This is his passive or triggered ability.
His Hero Skills aren’t as bad as his Battle Skills. He can deal quite a lot of AOE damage and can be pretty useful in Hero Mode. However, his kamikaze skill, Last Burst, is just a waste. In the Hero Stages, this ability is useless. If you get to the point where you have to die in this mode, you most likely will have to repeat the stage anyway. So, all the damage dealt by Last Burst becomes useless.
Here are Tinkus’ additional stats:
- Type: Ranged
- Class: Intelligence
- Species: Goblin
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Rolling
How to Unlock Bombin’ Goblin
If you’re still reading, that must mean you still want to give Tinkus a try. The suicidal goblin can be hired with 10 medals you have to earn from Normal Mode, Stages 2-18. To upgrade him, you need to earn more medals which you can do in Elite Hero Stages:
- Elite 2-9 (Bombin’ Goblin)
- Elite 7-12 (Best Explosives Ever)
If you wish to max this hero out from Green (Uncommon) to Gold (Legendary) grade, you will need 320 medals in total.
Bombin’ Goblin and the Colosseum
As a ranged commander Bombin’ Goblin would be a poor choice. He only has one boost skill for army ATK. Considering that some heroes can boost three different stats, this makes him a resounding “No!” for the Colosseum.
Regarding his Hero Skills, his passive kamikaze Last Burst can be helpful in Colosseum. He can deal massive damage when upgraded, especially with this skill.
Rallying With Bombin’ Goblin
Having heroes who boost the army’s ATK for defense rallies is helpful. Tinkus has this ability, and with his traps, he is a good option when defending. However, don’t consider putting him in your lineup for attacking rallies.
Even though he can be used for defending, he only gives one stat, which is too low compared to other heroes that increase ATK, DEF, and HP. There’s a reason why he’s rated one of the lowest-ranged heroes of the game.
Monster Hunting With Bombin’ Goblin
In Monster Hunting mode, use Tinkus for monsters with significant physical damage, like Gargantua, Hardrox, Jade Wyrm, Mega Maggot, and Noceros. But keep in mind that there are better alternatives, so only use him as a last resort.
Tips and Trivia
- F2P Alternatives: Snow Queen, Tracker, and Death Archer are good ranges for the kamikaze goblin. They give way more army stats than Tinkus and are much more well-rounded.
- P2P Alternatives: In situations where you have to defend against a rally, excellent alternatives for Tinkus are Lightweaver, Shape Shifter, and Dark Magistrar. Unlike Tinkus, all these heroes increase cavalry, infantry, or ranged unit ATK and army HP, while Tinkus only increases ATK.