Among all the tattooed barbarians and wild warriors of Lords Mobile, Child of Light looks a little out of place. I mean, he’s a literal pink bunny (And yes, he’s a he, according to the lore). I’m not exactly a fan of cutesy characters like this one, but ability-wise, he’s pretty useful.
He offers some excellent cavalry bonuses, as well as helping out with traps when you want to fortify your garrisons. He’s even decent in the Colosseum and for monster hunting. Let’s take a closer look at this fluffy all-rounder.
“I can smell you!” –Sparky
Who Is Child of Light?
Are you ready for a tale of excitement, desperation, and triumph that will make you laugh, cry, and punch the air with glee? In that case, go watch a movie or something. Child of Light’s backstory is as dull as watching paint dry. He’s part of a species called “Lapins” (which is French for “Rabbits” – I see what you did there IGG) who were nearly destroyed by an earthquake. Child of Light, or Sparky, randomly got magic powers and saved them all. The end.
Child of Light Score
As the official Lords Mobile Grinch, I love rating heroes, as it gives me a chance to be mean. However, for Child of Light, I can’t exactly score him too low. He’s got an impressive blend of hero and battle skills, and he can help out in rallies, monster hunts, and more.
For all of that, he deserves a high score. However, there are some drawbacks. His design looks like a rejected kids’ cartoon character. His backstory is bland. And there are other heroes who are better than him in certain areas. For all of that, I’m giving Sparky a 7, and that’s pretty generous.
If you disagree with my score, this is the part where I explain it. So quit complaining and keep reading. We’re going to look at Sparky’s Battle Skills first, followed by his Hero Skills. I’ll explain what each skill does in simple words you can understand. I’ll also share my views on how useful these skills are.
Here are the Battle Skills for Child of Light:
- Divine Punishment: Sparky deals up to 200% squad ATK damage to enemy troops.
- Trap Durability Boost: This ability, and the others below, only activates when deployed. It raises trap HP by up to 75%. That’s pretty useful for strengthening your defenses.
- Cavalry HP Boost: Really need me to explain this one? It boosts your cavalry HP by up to 50%.
- Cavalry ATK Boost: This improves your cavalry’s attack by up to 30%.
All in all, Sparky’s a decent cavalry commander. He provides boosts in key areas (HP and ATK), and the trap boost can be useful in the right circumstances, too.
Next, the Hero Skills:
- Apollo’s Brand: Child of Light summons the power of the actual sun to inflict damage on all nearby areas. This area-of-effect (AoE) attack has a surprisingly decent range. Plus, it stuns everything for five whole seconds.
- Apollo’s Ward: This ability is designed to protect the weakest link of your group. It gives the weakest ally a barrier that absorbs all damage for four seconds. It’s a handy support skill to keep your team alive in tough moments.
- Holy Judgement: Holy Judgement is a lot like Apollo’s Brand, dealing mid-range damage to all nearby enemies. But, instead of stunning them, it lowers their magic defense (MDEF).
- Wild Instincts: This is a passive ability that boosts Child of Light’s STR.
That’s not a bad list of abilities. In fact, you’ll often see Child of Light included in some of my recommended lineups for monster hunting. His ability to both weaken and stun enemies can be a difference-maker in tough fights. And “Apollo’s Ward” is a nice little bonus when you want to keep a weaker hero alive.
If you want to know even more about Child of Light, here’s some bonus info:
- Type: Cavalry
- Class: Strength
- Species: Lapin
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Child of Light
Child of Light is a F2P hero, so all you cheapskates won’t have to worry about spending real money to unlock him. However, you will need to spend time upgrading him.
Like with most other F2P heroes, you’ll need to earn Child of Light medals through Hero Stages. Finishing Stages 4 through 18 on Normal Mode will be enough for 10 medals, and that’s all you need to unlock Sparky.
However, you’ll then need to spend much more time unlocking additional medals to boost Sparky up. It takes 330 medals in total to max him out. That will take ages. Have fun!
Child of Light and the Colosseum
Child of Light’s Hero Skills make him a good fit for Colosseum clashes. He’s a decent supporting member of any lineup, with stun effects, defensive barriers, and excellent AoE damage. Despite being such a tiny little squirt, he’s pretty much got the full package of Colosseum abilities.
He’ll work best alongside magic users, as his “Holy Judgment” ability will reduce your opponent’s MDEF. This gives your INT heroes more time to shine.
Rallying with Child of Light
Child of Light also gets the job done in regard to rallying, especially if you like working with cavalry troops. Those big cavalry ATK and HP boosts can push the odds in your favor, making it easier to win even the toughest battles.
However, it’s worth remembering that Sparky isn’t the only hero who can help cavalry troops do more damage. Barbarian and Night Raven are just a couple of alternatives you can use if you have a problem with a pink bunny commanding your army.
Monster Hunting with Child of Light
Child of Light isn’t among the absolute best monster hunters, but he’s still a dependable one. I like to bring him in when I’m fighting anything weak to magic. He can make the monster more fragile to magic damage, allowing the heavy hitters like Incinerator, Storm Fox, and Snow Queen to do more damage.
Despite being a strength hero, he’s actually less effective in physical fights. His damage output isn’t as high as many other strength heroes, and there are usually better options to pick.
Tips and Trivia
- F2P Alternatives: Child of Light is the best cavalry leader among the F2P heroes, but Night Raven is a solid alternative. Like Sparky, Night Raven improves cavalry ATK. He also boosts the DEF of your cavalry fighters, and your wall DEF. Death Knight is another option.
- P2P Alternatives: Barbarian is the top P2P alternative to Child of Light. He can raise cavalry ATK and HP, just like Sparky, as well as boosting the DEF of your entire army. Necroduke is another P2P hero with similar battle skills.