Dark Follower is one of the few Lords Mobile P2P administration-focused heroes, focusing on boosts not easily found with other heroes. What you see is what you get with this guy. You just have to find the right role for him in your guild and watch him excel.
This guy is fairly dapper in a periwinkle suit that adds extra flair to his design. The IGG developers did a decent job with this one. But as we all know, there’s more to a hero than design. This guide will give you a rundown of everything you need to know about Dark Follower.
“The world shall burn in eternal darkness!” – Jonas
Who Is Dark Follower?
Dark Follower’s real name is Jonas. He has one of IGG’s shortest backstories. And when I say short, I’m not exaggerating. They truly didn’t bother with this hero’s in-game story—classic IGG slothful behavior.
This is his story in a nutshell:
Jonas was raised in a sanctuary and aspired to be its leader. Sadly, an evil spirit possessed his being and brought destruction upon the sanctuary, ending his dreams. Jonas struggles to save himself from the shackles of this dark entity. Will he ever succeed?
I wish I could say there was more to it, but that really is all we get about him.
Dark Follower Score
Dark Follower boasts some cool Hero Skills, like restoring his team’s HP and increasing their ATK. He is also able to shield his allies from MATK. Jonas’s coming in with a medium AOE heal is also quite valuable in ensuring his team can last longer during battle.
But if you’re looking for a hero to help you reign in combat by leading your troops, stop wasting your time with Jonas. Dark Follower’s efficiency lies in his administration skills that can help support your troops in battle. His magic defenses aren’t too shabby too. If this is what you’re going for, then Dark Follower is your guy!
Overall, I’d rate Jonas a solid 7.7/10.
In this section, let’s take a sneak peek into this hero’s skillset to understand why Dark Follower deserves the 7.7 rating. I’ll start with his Battle Skills:
- Shadow Storm: This is a tactical skill that provides Jonas with the power to deal up to 200% Squad ATK as damage to enemy troops.
- Gold Supply Management: This administrative passive skill helps speed up gold production by up to 150% when enhanced to Gold/Legendary grade.
- Research Boost: Here’s Dar Follower’s other passive skill, and guess what? Yes, it’s another administrative skill. But this one boosts research speed by up to 25%.
- Training Dummy: This is the last of his Battle Skills, and it’s a passive one. He can enhance the speed of training your soldiers by up to 20%.
Jonas lacks a decent set of Battle Skills to be of value in war. But his administration skills pack quite a punch. The best thing about them is that you don’t have to deploy this hero in battle to utilize them. His 20% training dummy boost will always ensure you have battle-ready troops.
Now, let’s take a look at Dark Follower’s Hero Skills:
- Eerie Veil: This ultimate skill helps Dark Follower gather dark energy against enemy troops further away from him, dealing damage to all enemies in a cone. It also reduces MATK for eight seconds.
- Holy Blessing: This active skill helps Jonas restore HP to all allies near him and in a medium area around the target. He does this by casting a rejuvenating light that increases ATK for five seconds.
- Dark Unrest: Dark Follower unleashes dark magic using this secondary skill, engulfing the enemy from long range. This hero skill damages all enemies in a line limiting the enemies’ MATK for three seconds.
- Holy Barrier: This is a passive skill powered by Jonas’s innocence, helping him summon a wall of light that increases the MDEF of his allies.
Without a doubt, Jonas boasts some handy Hero Skills that will be useful in the Colosseum. The right combination of these skills can leave enemy troops struggling to break through your troops’ defenses. All in all, his support and dark-based offensive skills are admirable.
Here’s some extra info on Dark Follower:
- Type: Siege Engine
- Class: Intelligence
- Species: Human
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Dark Follower
As I said earlier, Dark Follower is a P2P hero. There are two ways you can unlock him at White/Common rank. You’ll have to part with $4.99 for 15 medals or take part in at least two limited challenges. In terms of upgrading Dark Follower to Gold/Legendary grade, this hero is one of the most affordable P2P heroes in Lords Mobile.
There are also two ways to max him out to Gold/Legendary grade. You can purchase $5 packs 22 times, at intervals, to get the 330 medals needed for a full upgrade. Or you can make a one-off payment of $675. I’m not going to advise you on this. It’s your money, do with it what you will.
Dark Follower and the Colosseum
Jonas’s Holy Blessing provides him with a light-based AOE heal while also providing his allies with an ATK buff. His ultimate skill, the Eerie Evil, is excellent at reducing the enemies’ MATK, while Dark Unrest is perfect at disabling enemies.
Dark Follower has a decent set of skills that make him a great choice for the Colosseum. If you decide to have him in your lineup, rest assured that your other heroes have the necessary support to last through the battle.
Rallying With Dark Follower
Dark Follower may be a good fit for the Colosseum, but that’s just about it. You won’t enjoy any added value from him because almost all his skills are passive. There are better heroes that you can assign to lead your troops. If you decide to go against my advice, you’ll only benefit from his administration skills. In this instance, he’s a one-trick pony that won’t be of much help.
Monster Hunting With Dark Follower
Don’t use Dark Follower in your Monster Hunting lineup unless you have no choice. Though many INT heroes are known to be great monster hunters, Jonas isn’t. If you have to use him, do so when fighting against monsters with low MDEF. He might have a tiny chance of survival if you do. Also, pair him with at least one more INT hero with at least one siege engine, such as Prima Donna, for a higher chance of success.
Tips and Trivia
- Dark Follower joined Lords Mobile on May 15, 2016.
- F2P Alternatives: If you’re looking for a F2P hero with similar or better skills than Jonas, Prima Donna, Elementalist, and Incinerator are solid options.
- P2P Alternatives: If you’re looking for a better INT P2P hero, Lore Weaver, and Witch Doll can make great Cavalry Commanders. Chronicler, on the other hand, can make for a good ranged commander.