So, you’re looking to become a titan in Lords Mobile. I can think of a hundred different things to spend that kind of money on, but this guy does not make the list. Dark Magister is one of the heroes who make up the 11k triad in Lords Mobile. In case you didn’t catch that, the 11,00 is the cold hard cash you’re expected to part with for him.
It’s hard to comprehend how IGG expects us to cough up that much money for this pot-bellied hero.
Dark Magister’s price makes him very hard to obtain for broke folks like you. But, if you’re here, it means you’re probably ready to pocket your mom’s credit or take out that loan. Either way, you can keep reading to learn about the Dark Magister.
“The Eye sees all.” – Har’Kon
Who Is Dark Magister?
Har’Kon is a priest in the Temple of the Eternal Eye. One day, his little girl enters the temple without his knowledge and stands before the orb her father protected. She recited her father’s chant and extended her hand to touch the orb.
Har’Kon tried to warn her, but he had noticed her presence too late, and the temple became engulfed in a swirl of color and noise. After Har’Kon awoke, he began a desperate search for his daughter before it was too late. She woke the Eye, and time was of the essence.
Cue in the ominous music. Are you intrigued yet? Yeah, me neither. But backstory aside, let’s see if this hero is worth his price tag.
Dark Magister Score
This ranged hero makes for one of the most powerful heroes in the game. As much as you’re expected to shell out, he better be OP. Dark Magister takes no prisoners and is an excellent choice if you’re looking to rain havoc on enemy troops and have loads of cash to waste. If I were primarily judging Har’Kon based on his stats, his powerful skills, such as cavalry and ranged ATK boosts, would win him a 10/10 rating.
But unlike you, I tend to operate on an elevated playing field and only make smart decisions. And I can’t justify his price tag, no matter how good he is in the game. There are solid F2P and P2P heroes that can deliver these stats, especially if you take the time to strategize your lineup. So, unless you really want the bragging rights for one of the most expensive heroes in the game, the tradeoff isn’t worth it.
I give him a dismal 1.5/10.
Now I’ll go over the Dark Magister’s specifics. So, try and keep up. Here is a list of his Battle Skills:
- Penetrating Gaze: This tactical skill helps Dark Magister to deal up to 200% Squad ATK as damage to enemy troops.
- Battle Song: This skill is only activated when you send him into battle. It increases Har’Kon’s army HP by up to 30% when enhanced to Gold/Legendary grade.
- Cavalry ATK Boost: This is a logistical skill that increases his troops’ cavalry ATK by up to 60%.
- Ranged ATK Boost: Dark Magister can increase your troops’ ranged ATK by up to 60%.
Okay, I’ll admit that Dark Magister’s Army HP boost is a game-changer. He’ll make you regret marching up to him unless you’re also a titan (i.e., you have Lightweaver or Shape Shifter) in your camp.
Let’s also take a look at his Hero Skills:
- Chaos Orb: Har’Kon uses this ultimate skill to fire a concentrated ball of energy. This provides him with deadly MATK channeled from the power of the Eye to inflict Elemental Weakness for eight seconds.
- Arcane Missiles: This is Har’Kon’s first active skill. He works with the Eye to unleash three bolts of energy on an enemy.
- Dark Agony: Har’Kon’s secondary skill helps deal damage in a frontal cone to all enemies at a long range.
- Eternal Eye: This is Dark Magister’s only passive skill. He uses the Eye as a guide to help him perceive his enemy’s weakness and exploit it. It increases his M-CRIT.
These indispensable skills allow Har’Kon to deal long-range damage and unleash high MATK against enemy troops. Dark Magister’s Hero Skills make him especially useful for Monster Hunting. But this doesn’t condone your reckless decision to purchase him. I still don’t think he is worth it.
Here’s some additional information on Dark Magister:
- Type: Ranged
- Class: Intelligence
- Species: Human
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Dark Magister
You can only obtain this hero once you have attained Castle Level 25. You need 10 medals to unlock him at White/Common rank. And how much will that cost? You’re looking at $400 since a three-medal pack costs $99.99.
Another way to unlock him is to give up 50,000 gems or purchase the Dark Magister’s Legendary Chests at the Bargain Store. Keep in mind that Har’Kon is absolutely useless at this rank. So, either be ready to max him to Gold/Legendary grade, or don’t bother at all.
It takes 330 medals to max out Dark Magister, so you’ll have to buy the three-medal pack 110 times. If you run out of fingers and toes for the math, that’s a grand total of $11,000. If that doesn’t put you off, I doubt anything I say will. But you do you.
Dark Magister and the Colosseum
Given the ridiculous price tag associated with him, count yourself lucky that Har’Kon can deal absolute damage in the Colosseum. His ultimate attack, the Chaos Orb, deals deadly MATK, while the Eternal Eye can tear through the enemy’s defenses like wet tissue. You don’t have to worry about anyone rolling you over in the Colosseum when you have Har’Kon at hand unless you’re up against another titan.
Rallying With Dark Magister
Rallying with Har’Kon is one of the smartest decisions you can make as long as you already have him on your turf. His cavalry and ranged ATK boost make him a good choice for commander for both your ranged and cavalry troops. The Army HP boost is one of the best in Lords Mobile. The best advice I can offer you (which I doubt you’ll pay heed to) is to run away as fast as you can when you spot this guy commandeering your enemy’s troops.
Monster Hunting With Dark Magister
Har’Kon is a great choice for Monster Hunting. His passive skill gives him great M-CRIT, while the rest of his Hero Skills provide your turf with unmatched Magic DMG. The Chaos Orb is also perfect against monsters with high MDEF since it can lower this attribute. He also boasts a decent Life Leech that is useful for recovering HP.
So, if you’re looking for a great Monster Hunting hero, Dark Magister’s your guy! Just make sure you also team him up in the right lineup.
Tips and Trivia
- Dark Magister joined Lords Mobile on August 28, 2017.
- F2P Alternatives: It’s difficult to find a F2P hero that can match up to Dark Magister. If I had to go with replacements, I’d select Rose Knight or Child of Light for their cavalry HP, cavalry ATK, and Army ATK boosts, and Tracker or Black Crow for their ranged DEF and ATK boosts.
- P2P Alternatives: Shape Shifter and Berserker are formidable options if you’re looking for an infantry leader. But if you need great rallying leaders for your ranged troops, Mastercook and Grove Guardian are excellent choices.