Uuhh! How I love Death Archer, as a concept that is. It isn’t her lovely eyes that draw me in but her confidence. You should learn a bit from her, don’t you think? Your mediocrity is quite appalling to say the least. Death Archer should be one of the first heroes you seek to max out at the start of the game since she is a free-to-play hero.
Considering you literally get the hero handed to you at the start, I presume you’re wondering how to level her up. Since I am probably the only one who can stand your ignorance, I guess I have to help you. I will tell you everything you need to know about the Death Archer.
“Finally, a worthy opponent!” – Cathiss
Who Is Death Archer?
Cathiss’ backstory is cliché like with most other Lords Mobile heroes. It’s probably one of the shortest entries on the list (presumably since the hero is free so there’s no real need to pander to an audience). Essentially, Death Archer seduces her enemies, taunts them, tortures them, and then finally kills them once she has nothing else to take. She also has some beef against the Elves, but there’s nothing more in the background to substantiate it.
Death Archer Score
Gameplay-wise, Archer is one of the best F2P heroes in Lords Mobile, notably due to her Ore Production boost early in the game. It allows you to amass some resources to advance through the slog that is the early levels. Seriously, it’s all about waiting for your stuff to get built and upgraded for a while. I’m sure you’ve been there.
On the combat side of things, the Death Archer is solid on offense, dealing physical damage over time. But like any other hero, Death Archer has a few weak points. Her army boosts are frankly not that great, with only Archer ATK bonus. She also rates low on hit points and defense compared to other damage dealers as Snow Queen and Black Crow. For this reason, my score for Death Archer is 7/10, with negative points on the backstory. She’s not a terrible hero when you start out, but there are more interesting ones.
Now this is my favorite part. Let’s look at the unique and lethal attributes that come to play when Cathis is in battle.
- Critical Strike: Able to deliver up to 200% squad ATK as damage to enemy troops.
- Trap ATK Boost: Up to 30% Trap ATK boost when deployed.
- Ranged ATK Boost: Translates to up to 30% attack boost when deployed.
- Ore Supply Management: Provides you with up to 150% ore production.
Death Archer’s battle skills are great for a F2P hero but I have to reiterate that the lack of defense for this agility hero is quite irritating. The ore supply management skill also falls off quite quickly because you can make up for it with other sources. The mix-and-match between combat and resource skills is not doing it for me here.
Her Hero Skills are detailed below:
- Venom Shot – Ultimate skill: Deals damage to the enemy and inflicts poison for 4 seconds.
- Toxic Blast: Deals damage to all enemies in a medium area around the target and inflicts poison for three seconds.
- Hunter’s instinct: Whenever anyone dies, Death Archers gets increased ATK for five seconds.
- Sleek Façade: This is Death Archers’ passive skill that just increases DEX.
Notice anything missing here? The Death Archer doesn’t have disables or a lot of upfront damage. Her skillset is based around attacking and dealing poison damage, which isn’t particularly interesting.
Here’s some extra information on Cathiss for a curious cat:
- Type: Ranged
- Class: Agility
- Species: Humanoid Feline
- Sex: Female
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Death Archer
Fortunately, the Death Archer is a free-to-play hero that you’ll receive at the start of the game. However, you’ll need to obtain medals to upgrade and max out Death Archer to Legendary grade.
You can collect medals from two Elite Hero stages:
- Elite 4-18 – This covers the “Engaging Hunt” challenge.
- Elite 7-3 – This covers the “The Hunt Begins” stage.
You need to obtain a total of 320 medals to get Death Archer to Legendary grade and maximize her battling and hero skills.
Death Archer and The Colosseum
Death Archer is a solid early candidate for the Colosseum lineup. She deals a lot of physical damage and is great for fighting low-defense targets. Her skills are focused purely on dealing damage, especially through the various Poison debuffs. She also scales well into the fight due to her triggered skill providing more ATK as heroes around her die. Overall, the Death Archer is great for the Colosseum if you don’t have any other solid rangers such as Black Crow in your lineup.
Rallying with Death Archer
Death Archer is a good starting ranger commander. The fact that she has both Ranged and Trap ATK is a good bonus for defending from enemy attacks, and her 200% damage skill only improves your defenses. This makes her very helpful when you are battling incoming troops. But, with a pretty small HP pool, Cathiss does not quite cut the mark for an excellent offensive hero. You can generally find better rallying leaders who have better stats such as Rose Knight or Prima Donna. They also have a better mix of battling skills that will be more helpful to rally with.
Monster Hunting with Death Archer
Death Archer is pretty much a mainstay on F2P Monster hunting lineups. She excels in physical-damage builds, so use her against Monsters with low PDEF. However, she doesn’t scale particularly well with Monster difficulty levels, and might get too fragile for higher-level Monsters. In those cases, put her in a lineup alongside a support hero and healer such as Prima Donna.
Tips and Trivia
- F2P Alternatives: Scarlet Bolt and Black Crow are great options for replacing Death Archer as ranger commander. Scarlet Bolt is well renowned for her great administration skills which are sure to help you out in battle.
- P2P Alternatives: When you’ve decided to stop being a miser and choose to start spending on P2P heroes like a serious player then the Dark Magister is a great alternative if you are looking for a better Cavalry and Ranged ATK boost. If you a looking for a better ranger commander, then Ethereal Guide will be your best choice.