Ok. I’m not sure why I left this article for so long. Gathering in Lords Mobile is the bread-and-butter of all players, especailly F2P. If you’re not a regular gathering then I STRONGLY recommend paying more attention, because unless you have serious money to flush down to IGG you’re supposed to be doing at least 5-6 gathering tiles per day MINIMUM!
- What is Gathering?
- Chart of Gathering Speeds and Tile Level
- Gathering Gear and Talents
- Tips and Tricks for Gathering
- Warning for Resource Gathering
- Tile Hitting in Lords Mobile
- Defending Tiles While Gathering
- KVK and Resource Gathering
What is Resource Gathering?
This should be bloody obvious, but if it isn’t – actually if it isn’t – you’re a complete moron.
Here we go anyways.
The Kingdom has 10,000’s of resource tiles. You can collect the resource and then use it to do whatever you like. There are 5 types of resources:
- Food (Always needed)
- Gold (worth the most)
There are also 5 different levels of resources. The levels will vary based on amount of resource available and resource/min speed. Obviously the Level 5 Resources will be worth the most and the Level 1 are the worst…
That’s it. It’s really that simple.
Here’s the video on the topic. I’m assuming that you’re too thick to read…
Chart of Gathering Speeds and Tile Level
The tiles and different resources make a massive difference… Learn this chart and you might not look as stupid as you probably are.
|Resource||Tile Level||Resources||Time with (412% Gathering Boost)|
The actual time will depend on your boost percentage, but the difference between the tiles and levels can be evident from the chart above.
Resource Gathering Gear and Talent
The Gathering Gear and Talents really matters. Funnily enough, I’ve heard a few cracker-heads saying that the boost isn’t worth that much. I almost wanted to slap them silly…
The gear matters. Put on the right gear and then keep them on until the troops reach the actual tile. If you don’t wait until they reach the tile, you won’t get your stupid boost. Once they begin collecting the resources, you can go into whatever gear you want. No one cares.
Now that the Hardrox Monster is in the mix, there are actually quite a few important gears to get. These gears will give you a combined gathering speed boost of 119%.
- Electric Lance (Main Hand) gives a 42% on Mythic
- Noceros Mask (Helmet) gives a 21% boost on Mythic
- Lightening Guard (Armor) gives a 28% boost on Mythic
- Craggy Greaves (Legs) gives a 28% boost on Mythic
- Bonus: Ivory Choker (Accessory) doesn’t give a gathering boost but does give a 11% travel speed boost on Mythic…
The Talents that you need to know about are all on the right side of the Talent Tree.
- Gathering I will give you a boost of 17%
- Gathering II will give you a boost of 100%
- Max Load I will give you an army capacity boost of 17%
- Max Load II wil give you an army capacity boost of 100%
Okay. Enough on this topic. If you want to learn more about Lords Mobile Gear, click the stupid link.
Tips and Tricks for Gathering
Once you discover how important Resource Gathering is, you will probably end up doing a lot of it… The following tips and hacks will reduce 90% of the pain from the experience. The other 10% is kind of unavoidable. This is the boring part of the game. There is nothing to be done about it.
Anyways, here’s my top tips. If I missed any, feel free to drop it in the comments. Yes, I do actually read them!
- Put on Gear and Talents
- Open a Gathering Boost Turf Boost before starting (either 50% or 100%)
- Send Tier 1 Troops (or T2 Troops)
- Send Heroes and Familiars (Not Leader)
- Speed up troops if marching against another sheltered castle
- The more your Capacity is boosted, the less amount of troops that you need to send. Remember that this has NO IMPACT on gathering speed! Please stop making a fool out of yourself!
- Unlocked Resource Harvesting I (70% boost), Resource Harvesting II (30% boost) and Resource Harvesting II (10% boost). There is also the Gathering Priority Research.
- Level 2-3 give best material drops (unsubstantiated)
- Familiar Skills. Yeti and Goblin both give a 25% boost for Gathering and Troop Gathering Speed respectively.
- The Noceros Familiar Skill will give you a flash complete for Gathering. It’s incredible! Just keep in mind that it will not give you gathering benefits for any tasks or quests…
Warnings for Resource Gathering
A few more tips that don’t really belong in the previous section. The following advice is more of a warning of what not to do unless you want to get punished…
- Do not send your leader onto a tile. You can send heroes. Just don’t be the person who sends their leader and gets capped from a tile…
- Always check your infirmary before sending out troops to gather. Troops that get hit on tiles will NOT (red-dead) die unless the infirmary is full. If the infirmary is full, your troops will die!
- If you hit another tile, the attacker will lose (red-dead) troops just as if attacking a castle or fort. ONLY the defendant is protected by the infirmary-only protection.
- The resources that you gather DO NOT go to the bags and therefore can be captured if you’re attacked. Try to use them (or trade them in the Cargo Ship) as soon as you can, especially if it’s food and it’s going to run out automatically very quickly…
- Don’t tile hit someone else unless you’re able to defend yourself. Some people react very negatively to tile-hitters. It’s very likely that you’ll find yourself surrounded by an entire guild of angry castles within a minute of tile-hitting. Also, prepare to take a quick barrage of Pyris attacks…
Tile Hitting in Lords Mobile
Tile Hitting in Lords Mobile is without a doubt one of the most controversial topics. Most will lose a fit if they even hear the word tile hitting while others believe it’s the bread-and-butter of the game. Here’s a twitter poll that I ran on the topic. As you can see most people don’t agree with tile-hitting… Also, follow me on Twitter OR ELSE!
So if Tile Hitting allowed?
My personal opinion on Tile Hitting is that we SHOULD be doing it. I used to be against it, but I’ve changed my mind. It’s part of the game. Go for it! And then please don’t cry when the entire guild gangs up on you and utterly destroys you.
Regardless of opinion, everyone tile-hits during KVK, and if anyone starts to complain you can tell them that Marks Angry Review permits it!
The only time when only the real-monsters tile hit is during Guild Fest. Especially those hitting Level 5 Tiles. That’s not cool. But I guess it’s a free country. Actually, many of my readers are probably not in a free country and in that case I apologize for my previous comment…
Defending Tiles While Gathering
The truth is that this topic is much better covered in the article called Defending in Lords Mobile but, I guess that there are a few strategies to use while defending your tiles from Tile-Hitters.
Firstly, if you’re in a low might kingdom, use T4 or T5 and that will usually stop anyone from attacking you.
Pop a ATK boost and put on your best army gear.
“What? But I thought you said never send your leader? If you don’t send your leader the gear is useless?” you stupidly ask…
Correct. But if you have good gear it will let the tile-hitter know what will happen to him if he hits. No one will hit a player who has 11K heroes and Champion Gear even if all that is on the tile are a bunch of T1’s.
The next best trick is to keep the game open and pay attention to the tiles. It’s a annoying, but that’s the best way to ensure that you don’t get tile hit. If you see someone coming, only remove your troops from the tile in the last second. This will annoy the attacker and probably stop him from trying to go after the rest of the tiles.
Additionally, putting heroes and familiars will at least enable you to kill as many troops as possible if you get hit. Maybe you’ll even stop the invasion…
Also, a lot of attackers forget to remove their troops once they’ve hit a tile. If you notice the enemy troops not coming back straight away, port right up to the tile, and hit it hard. You already know the lineup and formation because those are the same troops that hit you…
KVK and Resource Gathering
I already have a whole article dedicated to KVK and you can read a lot more about Resource Gathering during KVK.
The point that is important for this article is that for beginner players, the best way to finish KVK will be through Resource Gathering. Make sure that you read this article properly before the start of KVK (or KVKVKVK). If you don’t boost your resource gathering, don’t expect to get the minimum before the end of the KVK.
You will need to plan the KVK properly or else you will get booted from your guild!