Here’s the truth. I don’t like the Grim Reaper. He’s kind of a waste of time. There are better monsters to focus on when Monster Hunting in Lords Mobile.
The only notable gear in his collection is the Eternal Codex, and that is a difficult piece of gear to max-out… More on that later.
- Attacking the Grim Reaper
- Grim Reaper Lineup
- Gear from Grim Reaper
- Grim Reaper Rewards
- Grim Reaper Packs
- Final Thoughts on the Grim Reaper
Attacking the Grim Reaper
When it comes to attacking the Grim Reaper he’s an easy target… So long as you use the right heroes. USE ATK HEROES and NOT MAGIC HEROES.
I actually tried it for the morons who are going to question me in the comments. I was able to 1-hit a Level 1 monster with 17 seconds left but was only able to get 50% against the Grim Reaper with a strong magic team.
And so here are the best heroes to use, in order of preference:
- Demon Slayer
- Black Crow
- Scarlet Bolt
- Death Archer
- Cursed Hunter
- Dark Knight
Grim Reaper Lineup
The Pay to Play lineup and the Free to Play lineup is not all that different for the Grim Reaper. But there are differences and so we will separate them into different groups.
Free to Play Grim Reaper Lineup
Here’s the lineup for the people who don’t want to spend $1000’s on make-believe virtual heroes…
Level 1-4 F2P Grim Reaper: Trickster, Scarlet Bolt, Demon Slayer, Tracker, and Black Crow.
Level 5 F2P Grim Reaper: Black Crow, Demon Slayer, Dark Knight, Prima Donna, and Death Archer.
Pay to Play Grim Reaper Lineup
Here’s the list for the people who have invested their hard-earned money on entertaining themselves…
Level 1-5 P2P Grim Reaper: Black Crow, Scarlet Bolt, Demon Slayer, Femme Fatale, and Death Archer.
Gear from Grim Reaper
I already mentioned above that I’m not a fan of the Grim Reaper gear.
Most of it is obvious to understand. All but one of the gear is straight-up dreadful…
Unless you are a Range Troop Attacker, I wouldn’t bother focusing on any of the Grim Reaper Gear…
Anyways, here’s the list of the gear and what it does:
- Eternal Codex (Off-hand) – Cav ATK 28% at Mythic, Ranged ATK 49% at Mythic, and Cav HP 28% at Mythic. This is an incredible piece of gear for both Cav and Range. The problem is that it is very hard to max and there are no other good gear pieces in the set, and so it’s not really worth focusing on it…
- Ancient Hat (Helmet) – Range ATK 39.2% at Mythic. The other stats are DEF. Yuck!
- Deathly Mantle (Armor) – Ranged ATK 28% at Mythic and 21% Trap ATK. It’s good if you’re trying to make a powerful defense castle, but practically very few people are actually able to attempt it successfully.
- Nether Walkers (Legs) Ranged ATK 21% at Mythic. Throwing up as I type.
- Harbinger. Ranged 11.2% at Mythic. Vomit
All in all, only the Eternal Codex is worth anything, but the Cursed Skulls are bloody hard to get, and so you’re left dreaming that you didn’t have to pay the rent for a few months…
Grim Reaper Rewards
Hunting the Grim Reaper is easy. Unlike the Hardrox or Bon Appeti, the Grim Reaper falls easily. The gear rewards I already touched upon ahead. I hope you were paying attention…
The rewards are:
- Grim Jewel (Ranged Max HP and Travel Speed)… Bleh…
- Cursed Skull
- Ghostly Shrouds
- Corrupted Soul
- Shield (Level 5 is 3-day shield)
- Gems (Level 5 is 1000 gems)
- Speed-ups (Level 5 is 24-hours)
- Gold (Level 5 is 600,000)
- Hero Chest (Level 5 is Legendary Hero Chest)
Grim Reaper Packs
If you do choose to focus on the Grim Reaper and you want to speed things up by buying packs, please be warned that they’re not cheap…
You’ll get only 25 Skulls for $5. That’s a lot of money especially since you need to buy 4,096 to get the Eternal Codex to Mythic…
Important Note: The Royal Trade Fair Pack comes with a Purple Skull for $10. This is MUCH BETTER VALUE!!!! If you’re planning on buying your way towards an Eternal Codex, this is the way to do it cheaply.
Final Thoughts on the Grim Reaper
I know that I may have an unpopular opinion, but I believe that the Grim Reaper is a waste of time. Focus on the other heroes. Everything that she has, can be replaced by a better piece, aside for the Codex for Range player. (Cavalry players should go for the Dragons Fist).
And that’s it. You have the wisdom. Go out and ignore me. It’s your life after all. Do whatever you want…