If you’re a fan of Norse mythology, you might know a fair bit about Grim Wolf’s design. If not, you truly are hopeless. Regardless of whether you know the lore, you should at least know Grim Wolf is the second-best P2P infantry hero in Lords Mobile.
If that wasn’t enough information, then I guess you need even more help than I thought. You should prioritize maximizing him to a legendary grade once you have him. As soon you decide to grow up and start spending cash on P2P heroes of course.
“A bite. Just one morsel.” – Fenrir
Who Is Grim Wolf?
It seems that IGG just really chooses to put minimal effort into backstories. Not only is it short but it bears an uncanny resemblance to Chaos Dragon’s backstory. If you’re aiming for an epic backstory, you’re at the wrong place.
Fenrir was a dark cult leader who worshipped the Goddess of Darkness. She transformed them into wolves as an appreciation for their allegiance. But there was a hefty price to pay for the powers bestowed on Fenrir and his cult members. Afraid of what he has become, Fenrir struggles to save his people from the dark curse which has turned most of them feral.
Grim Wolf Score
This is my favorite part, where I get to dish out (generally low) points. Zero points for you, by the way. If we discount the lame backstory, at least this character’s looks make sense compared to the cutesy or fur-ball characters Lords Mobile seems to like pushing. The game’s about battling, not playing dress-up and runway model.
As I pointed out earlier, Grim Wolf is one of the best Infantry heroes you’ll come across in Lords Mobile. This DEX hero also gets a decent bit of strength giving him a great boost in ATK, DEF, MDEF, and physical critical level. Grim Wolf has a good mix of attributes that makes him worthy of appearing in my lineups, especially for the Colosseum.
Taking all this into account, my Grim Wolf score is 8.8/10. You can definitely drop some coins for this beast.
Now, this section will help you understand why Fenrir got that 8.8 rating. Not that I’m trying to get you to float my boat, you can as well sink in defeat I don’t care. Let’s first take a look at his battle skills:
- Savage Roar- This deals up to 200% squad ATK as damage to enemy troops.
- Battle Song- The rest of Fenrir’s battle skills only activate when he is deployed. That is when you send him into battle. This skill increases Army Max HP to up to 25% when deployed.
- Infantry DEF Boost- Improves Army DEF to up to 50%.
- Infantry ATK Boost- Increases Infantry Attack by up to 30%.
Unlike other heroes, Fenrir doesn’t have a passive battle skill. This means that you’ll have to deploy him to maximize fully on his skills. That said, his great mix of battle skills, particularly the HP and ATK bonuses, more than makes up for that.
Next up, let’s take a look at his Hero skills:
- Feral Ambush- This ultimate skill allows Fenrir to leap at one target, dealing damage to enemies in a small area.
- Flesh Ripper- Fenris slashes at nearby enemies dealing three times physical damage and stunning for 0.5 seconds. The stun ain’t much, but it helps.
- Howl from Beyond- Lets out a ferocious howl that deals damage to all enemies in a medium area while restoring HP for five seconds.
- Blood lust- This is a passive skill-boosting Fenrir’s Life Leech for some survivability.
As stated earlier, Fenrir is a solid choice for the Colosseum and his Hero skills attest to this. However, I do wish that his ultimate could deal damage to more enemies. But such is life, we can’t have it all.
Below is some additional information on Grim Wolf:
- Type: Infantry
- Class: Agility
- Species: Lycan
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Grim Wolf
You have two options you can use to unlock Grim Wolf. You can either take part in “Limited challenges” where you will obtain 10 medals to unlock Grim Wolf’s common rank or purchase the 10-medal package for $4.99 USD. But, you’ll need to maximize this hero if you want to get the best out of him.
You still have two ways to max Grim Wolf to legendary grade. But, you’ll have to check with mom to ensure that card doesn’t decline because the first method costs quite a bit. If you want to level up Fenrir fast, you’ll have to pay $775.
The second method costs way less but will take you some time. It involves buying $5 packs every few weeks which will cost you a total of $165. I know what I’d choose, but I’ll leave this pretty easy logical puzzle to you.
Grim Wolf and The Colosseum
The Colosseum is the best place to unleash and utilize Grim Wolf’s abilities. His mixture of hero skills makes him a tanky damage-dealing character, which is notoriously difficult to remove given proper support. His Life Leach and Howl allow him to regain a lot of his missing health simply by attacking, and the ultimate usually shoots him towards the enemy squishies to help take down the enemy team one by one.
This combo of damage and survivability is why the Grim Wolf is always present in my Colosseum lineups. Still, you should pair him with a healer such as Lore Weaver for support.
Rallying with Grim Wolf
Grim Wolf is an excellent choice for rallying leader because of his Army Max HP which goes up to 25%. His HP of 25,446 and high DEX also makes him a very strong hero which is a great attribute for rallying leader. His Infantry bonuses are among the best you’ll find in the game, so don’t discount that.
Monster Hunting with Grim Wolf
Grim Wolf isn’t the best choice for monster hunting but is also not too bad. He is great at handling monsters with low PDEF and his Life Leech will help him last longer. However, his damage against Monsters isn’t the best and he doesn’t have enough disables and aura buffs to benefit the team as a whole But, if you choose to use him, pair him with other agility heroes and some healers.
Tips and Trivia
- Grim Wolf was released in April 2017.
- F2P Alternatives: If you’re looking for a hero with good administration skills to replace Grim Wolf, Trickster is the best option. His 25% research boost helps to increase your research speed. Scarlet Bolt is also a decent choice. Her 50% Infantry DEF boost matches up to Grim Wolf’s and she has a maximum energy boost of up to 3,000 which is useful in battle for the F2P lineup.
- P2P Alternatives: Femme Fatale is a good alternative. Though her battle stats are low compared to Grim Wolf, she has great administration skills and very good hero skills. She can play a great role in hero support mode for the P2P lineup. Cursed Hunter is another great hero alternative to Grim Wolf. Her damage is comparable to Grim Wolf’s, while the Wonder Army can come in handy for rallies.