The Devil’s Cap is the least important part of Lords Mobile – that is – until you need it. Once you need it, you will be growing crazy trying to get it.
Read my guide to learn everything that you need to know about the Devil’s Cap!
- What is the Devil’s Cap?
- Devil’s Cap Requirements
- How to Get a Devil’s Cap?
- When Should you Use the Devil’s Cap?
- Who Needs Multiple Devil’s Caps?
- Tips and Tricks
What is the Devil’s Cap?
The Devil’s Cap is a mushroom that you can “give” to your captured leader. It will enable him to die after 24-hours.
“But that kills your leader?” asks the dumb players.
Yes, moron, that’s the point. Once your leader is dead you can spawn a new leader and get back to normal. As long as your leader is captured you will be stuck in limbo, barely able to do much. The sooner your leader is back, the sooner you are able to start recovering.
Here is a complete guide on what to do if your leader is captured.
The Devil’s Cap is one of the most important back-up tools to have if you are a serious player. No rally leader or large castle should be fighting unless they have at least one ready to use.
If you don’t have a Devil’s Cap (and your P2P), go and buy him NOW! Moron!
Devil’s Cap Requirements
There are a few requirements to know about before you go ahead and purchase your Devil’s Cap.
Firstly, – and this is bloody important – don’t use your Devil’s Cap right away. Wait a few hours. See below. I explain why at length.
After waiting there are a few more requirements:
- Your leader has been captured. (Obviously)
- You will need to have reached Castle Level 17. (In which case the leader will come back anyways within 24-hours)
- If there are at least 24 hours left before execution. (Again, obvious)
How to Get a Devil’s Cap?
Okay, here’s the bad news. There’s only 1 way to get a Devil Cap. Real Money. Yes, IGG doesn’t make it easy to not spend your hard-earned cash!
If you want a Devil’s Cap, you will have to buy it at the Lords Mobile Store.
More bad news. The Devil’s Cap Pack is almost never available. It cycles through the store every 2 weeks or so…
In short, either you get super lucky and the $5 Devil’s Cap Pack happens to be active at the time that you lose your leader or else your left waiting until your leader dies…
Unfortunately, there aren’t any other options!
When Should you Use the Devil’s Cap?
As mentioned above, DO NOT USE the Devil’s Cap right away. Wait a few hours.
Devil’s Caps are rare and cost money. But they also require you to wait a guaranteed 24-hours. Once you use the Devil’s Cap you will not be able to shorten the time-line.
A much better strategy is to first wait and see what happens to your enemy. Your enemy is probably on his way to collect more enemies as he goes on a killing spree. If you and your guild can’t fight back maybe the next castle can…
Just wait and watch! Do nothing. (I’m sure you’re good at that!)
In the meantime, use the techniques that I mention in this article.
Unless you have an event that will begin in 24-hours, just chill out and wait. Why? Good question. Most fighting players will go on a killing spree and then go do something else. My advice is to wait and see if the enemy was hit himself, is shielding after his killing spree, or is taking a rally.
Who Needs Multiple Devil’s Caps?
Like the migration scrolls, the Devil’s Cap will also require the top 50 players in the kingdom to pay a higher price for being so powerful. The player in the Kingdom with the top might will have to use 20 Devil Cap’s to free his leader. That’s $100.
The good news is that the normal players will only have to buy 1 Devil’s Cap.
|Position in Kingdom||How Many Devil Caps?|
|1st in Kingdom||20 Devil’s Cap|
|2nd in Kingdom||15 Devil’s Cap|
|3rd in Kingdom||12 Devil’s Cap|
|4th in Kingdom||10 Devil’s Cap|
|5th in Kingdom||9 Devil’s Cap|
|6th in Kingdom||8 Devil’s Cap|
|7th in Kingdom||7 Devil’s Cap|
|8 – 10th in Kingdom||6 Devil’s Cap|
|11 – 20th in Kingdom||5 Devil’s Cap|
|21 – 30th in Kingdom||4 Devil’s Cap|
|31 – 40th in Kingdom||3 Devil’s Cap|
|41 – 50th in Kingdom||2 Devil’s Cap|
|Everyone Else in Kingdom||1 Devil Cap|
Tips and Tricks
I talk a lot in my article about losing your hero about techniques on how to get it back. I’m not going to go through it again. Go take a look over there.
Here are some tips about how to free your hero and/or enable him to free as soon as possible.
- Buy a Devil’s Cap in advance. All serious players should have at least one ready for use.
- This needs to be mentioned. Learn how to play. If you learn how the game works, you’ll be a lot less likely to get zeroed.
- Max Huey Hops Familiar. Fair warning, this is bloody hard. But if you manage to do it. The final skill will enable you to activate an option that will free your hero if it’s been captured for 30-mins afterward. This was a very controversial move by IGG. Maybe I’ll make an individual article about it.
- Send an email and ask the captor what are his plans with your hero. If you’ve been nice, he may tell you. This will greatly help you decide if you should kill your hero with the Devil’s Cap.