Mastercook is one of the best Ranged P2P heroes for your lineup. However, I would really like to know what IGG was thinking when it came up with Mastercook’s appearance. Or were they not thinking at all? They gave us a maniacal weasel cook for a hero. Some of you freaks probably adore the design. Keep on being weird, I guess.
Anyway, overlooking his physical flaws, let me give you a rundown of everything you need to know about Ramsay. After all, that’s what you couldn’t figure out and came here for.
“It’s RAWWWWWW!!!” – Gordon Ramsay (wait a minute…)
Who Is Mastercook?
At this point, I’m convinced that IGG just hates me. I thought I had read some awful hero backstories from them but this one takes the crown, truly! Here it goes: Mastercook is the only one who prefers the kitchen to the battlefield in his home, the Muste Forest. All he does is cook and experiment at the stove and he is renowned for his delightful creations.
After being invaded, the residents of the forest hailed Ramsay as a hero due to his experimental explosives and flamethrowers. What dishes require those instruments to make? Beats me.
If you haven’t figured it out by now, Mastercook’s name and quote are a direct reference to a famous chef, Gordon Ramsay. I don’t particularly like tying in real-life personalities to heroes.
Moving away from the hero’s design, Mastercoock’s Ranged HP and ATK boost make him quite solid in terms of combat capabilities. You might just need to play with your eyes closed to avoid looking at that ugly smile. Considering how most of my readers seem to play with their brains turned off, this might be an improvement.
His Hero skills are also quite a marvel with the ability to stun and deal heavy damage to the enemy troops. His skills make up for his appalling looks. Overall, I give Ramsay a score of 7/10. Oh, you disagree? I don’t care.
In this section, I’ll show you why Ramsay deserves a 7/10 rating. Let’s see what battle skills he boasts:
- Yes Chef! Deals up to 200% Squad ATK as damage to enemy troops.
- Ranged HP Boost: Boosts Ranged HP by up to 50% when deployed.
- Impenetrable defense: Increases Army DEF by up to 25% when deployed.
- Ranged ATK Boost: Increases Ranged ATK by up to 30% when deployed.
Range HP and ATK are solid and make Mastercook one of the best Range leaders in the game. The DEF is gravy, as much as I hate the stat.
Now, let’s take a look at his Hero skills:
- Barbecue Chicken: Ramsay’s ultimate deals significant damage in a medium area, but more importantly stuns for 1 seconds.
- Fillet Flambe: This single-target skill deals damage five times to an enemy at medium range. It’s great against single opponents (read: makes him great at Monster Hunting).
- Crack ‘n’ pop: This skill damages nearby enemies in a small area and inflicts Blind for a massive eight seconds.
- Grill ‘n’ Roast: Mastercook’s passive increases Pierce, making him even better against squishy enemies.
Ramsay boasts a solid set of skills that make him a great choice for the Colosseum or Monster Hunting. His combination of damage and disruption, alongside the ability to cleave through enemies with low DEF, put him among the best. When placed in a good lineup with heroes such as Prima Donna and Rose Knight, you can win relatively quickly or outpace the opponent.
Here’s some additional information about Ramsay:
- Type: Ranged
- Class: Agility
- Species: Weasel
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Mastercook
As I said earlier, the Mastercook is a P2P hero. It will cost you $4,99 USD to unlock this hero at common rank. This will give you 10 Mastercook medals. You can also take part in Limited Challenges to unlock Mastercook. But, it’s better to leave this hero locked if you don’t plan on taking him to legendary grade else it’ll be a waste of cash. A daft move if you ask me.
To max Ramsay you’ll need a total of 330 medals. There are two methods you can use to max Mastercook. Either make a one-off payment of roughly $1,125, making a dent in your pockets (or your parents’ bank account) or buy the occasional $4.99 packs which will sum up to $165. Either way, let me just not see a Go Fund Me pop-up on your page.
Mastercook and The Colosseum
As I pointed out earlier, Mastercook has the right set of skills needed to perform well in the Colosseum. But, you will have to include a healer such as Prima Donna to help him along a bit.
The problem with most ranged damage dealers is that they don’t have enough disruption to last in a fight. But Mastercook passes that with flying colors since he has an AoE stun.
The Grill ‘n’ Roast can break through the enemy’s defense dealing great damage while Crack ‘n’ Pop inflicts blind for eight seconds. Let’s just say, if you have the Mastercook in your Colosseum lineup, you are guaranteed to have fun and win the battle.
Rallying with Mastercook
Mastercook makes an excellent choice for Ranged commander. He gives two of my favorite stats, HP and ATK, to your Range troops. If you don’t have Mastercook as your rallying leader for range troops, you are playing the wrong game.
Monster Hunting with Mastercook
It’s relatively rare to see Ramsay in Monster Hunting lineups. But, he does make a decent impact when paired with other heroes AGI such as Scarlet Bolt, Black Crow, and Demon Slayer. Again, the combination of disables and a solid damage output takes the cake. He works wonders against Monsters that need to attack to deal damage.
Ramsay puts up a great show when fighting Hell Drider and Voodoo Shaman, and you’ll likely get him recommended there.
Tips and Trivia
- Mastercook’s name and quote are a reference to a prominent chef and TV personality, Gordon Ramsay.
- Mastercook’s line “What are you? An idiot sandwich?” is a line used by Gordon Ramsay and can be found in a common internet meme.
- F2P Alternatives: Black Crow and Death Archer are good options for replacing Ramsay if you want to use him as a support hero. Child of Light will be a great alternative to Mastercook for Ranged commander.
- P2P Alternatives: If you are looking for a ranged hero with MDEF and MATK, Songstress of the Sea is a decent alternative. But if you’re hunting for an excellent ranged commander, Grove Guardian, and Petite Devil are strong contenders.