Mark’s Angry Review is famous for reviewing apps, and even though it’s obvious that we approve of the Lords Mobile game, we still want to dedicate a post reviewing the pros and cons. Here goes nothing. Prepare to hear the good, bad, and really ugly of Lords Mobile.
Firstly my rating is a strong 4.5/5. So if you’re considering to download this game, go ahead, it’s a lot of fun! That being said, there’s a lot to be careful about. Keep reading! Also, unlike the other people reviewing this app, I’m an ACTUAL EXPERT at Lords Mobile!
Download Lords Mobile: https://lordsmobile.igg.com
- What is Lords Mobile?
- First Impressions of Lords Mobile
- Customer Reviews
- Pros of Lords Mobile
- Cons of Lords Mobile
- Is Lords Mobile Good for Kids?
- How to Download Lords Mobile
- How to Become Powerful in Lords Mobile?
What is Lords Mobile?
Putting aside the technicalities of the games, Lords Mobile is a playground for bullies that presents itself as an RPG Mobile Application. It’s a game where larger sharks pick on the weaker kids, only to be stopped when even larger bullies show up to crush them all. It’s the Mobile Game for Moe from Calvin and Hobbes.
The game clothes itself in the trappings of an Age of Empire style setting. You’re required to build, research, join a guild, and develop an army. There are many more components, all of which work in conjunction with each other.
The objective, however, is singular: to become a bully. The most successful bullies, like in the high-school playground, aren’t going to be the smartest or the quickest. The greatest bullies in Lords Mobile are the ones who spend the most. More of that below.
But, and this is critical to mention, there is a lot of fun to be had, even if you’re a small fish! Thankfully IGG and Lords Mobile have put enough elements in the game to keep everyone “mostly” happy.
- Initial release date: February 26, 2016
- Release and Update Log
- Publisher: IGG (I Got Games)
- Publisher Stock Market: IGG Inc
- Game Play Mode: Multiplayer
- Genres: Video game, Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game
- Platforms: Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Fire OS
Our score for Lords Mobile is 4.5/5.
First Impressions of Lords Mobile
Upon downloading the game, you are introduced to a movie-like entrance/introduction to the game.
SPOILER ALERT: The game looks nothing like the trailers.
The graphics of Lords Mobile are quite good, perhaps better than most, but nothing like the trailer.
The trailer makes you think that a geeky-fantasy-game has finally invested the big bucks. Don’t be fooled. The graphics are lackluster compared to the big shooting games out there.
The good element to the first impression is the way that they get you involved so quickly. Upgrades and progress move really quickly at first. Without even trying, you will feel like a ninja-king with invincible powers.
SPOILER ALERT: Wait until you get zeroed a few times. That feeling will go away rather quickly.
Okay. I read through A LOT of customer reviews. You’re welcome.
Here’s what people are saying. There are three overall categories.
- The usual one word reviews that don’t tell you anything. Like: “It’s great” or “Sucks”… You get the drift.
- Most of the reviews are really positive, with stars ranging from 4-5 across the board. The actual reviews are usually praising the gameplay, graphics, and creativity of the game.
- The third category are all ranting against Lords Mobile. There aren’t too many honestly, but there are definitely enough to realize that this is a problem. They’re all complaining about the P2P situation in Lords Mobile, enabling the high-paying players to dominate the game. The reviews are usually laced with a mix of anger and profanities. There are also a few complaints here and there about the IGG staff and the handling of errors.
Pros of Lords Mobile
Lords Mobile is the perfect haven for those seeking the comfort of the soul.
Yeh, no. It’s not. It’s really not. It will probably give you many very stressful moments – but…
But it is genuinely enjoyable. The moments before you get zeroed. Those moments as you port around, burning and pillaging. In those moments you can feel real happiness.
And then a 2 Billion Might Player lands right next to you. And well, you spend months recovering.
Here are the pros of the game:
- It’s fun. The gameplay is engaging. You constantly feel like you’re growing. The gaming experience is solid.
- The events are exhilarating. You may lose in KVK, War of Wonders, Guild Fest, Guild Showdown, Feudal War, or even Monster Hunting, but it will be fun as you fail!
- The guilds are great. Teamwork is crucial in Lords Mobile, the guilds either fall apart quickly or stick firmly together. One of the biggest assets of the game. Many of the players become very close friends with their guild members.
- IGG has kept quite true to the fantasy-world experience they are trying to portray. The consistencies throughout the game are solid. The game-play story is cohesive.
- You can grow very powerful without spending a dime (see below for more elaboration).
- The graphics are solid. Not as good as the trailer, but solid nonetheless.
- The hero battle element of the game is incredible!
- Lots of users on all levels of might. Easy to be a target. Easy to find targets.
- There are a lot of free techniques to generate gems! It’s not all pay to play.
- The background music is incredible. You probably don’t think you care, but you will… Three months into the game, you’ll be glad that the background music isn’t Mario music… The composer (Klaus Badelt) is the same guy that made the Pirates of the Caribbean Theme Song. Yep, that one!
And most importantly, if you play Lords Mobile you can hang out with me. Well, not exactly hang out… I don’t do hanging out. But you can read my Lords Mobile Blog and watch your eyes bleed. And I also have a YouTube Channel that is growing!
Cons of Lords Mobile
It’s always easy to find negative things to say. Read any of the articles on this blog. Lords Mobile is no exception. The problems are easy to find.
- Money. This is an easy downside of the game. The cost. Although Lords Mobile is free to play (F2P) in theory, if you really want to grow powerful quickly (not over years of playing) you need to pay the big buck. There are loads of players in this game that have paid $10,000’s. It’s hard to even try to pick a fight with these guys.
- Racism and foul language. It kinda comes with the territory with an online game that spreads itself over so many languages. It’s expected, but still annoying. The game may be set in a world that resembles 1000’s of years ago, but we are in actuality in 2018… Some of the players seem that they wish that they were strolling down the street in the heavy armory. They’ve gotten slightly better but it’s still a problem…
- It can get dull. Some of the tasks are repetitive and boring. It can be expected of a game this intricate, but that doesn’t un-boring-fy it (real word). They’ve gotten better and added more events and challenges, but there’s only so much that they can do!
- Time. Things in this game take a lot of time. Not days, but weeks…
- Occasionally players have had negative experiences with glitches and with IGG customer service.
How to Download Lords Mobile
Downloading the game is super easy, and I’m not going to insult you and I explaining it. Work it out you moron!
If you want to play Lords Mobile on your PC, click here for our easy tutorial.
Is Lords Mobile Good for Kids?
No. That’s the short answer.
The long answer is that the actual Lords Mobile game is technically child-friendly. There’s nothing dreadfully about the game-play aside for the some of the characters needing a little more clothes. The problem with Lords Mobile that makes it very NOT CHILD FRIENDLY are the people in the game…
They’ve blocked most curse words in the guild chat but the overall vibe of the game caters very strongly towards a more mature audience.
If you don’t want your kids to be involved in the adult themes from the other players, Clash of Clans is probably a much better fit…
How to Become Powerful in Lords Mobile?
Lords Mobile takes a lot of work. A lot!
It is TOTALLY possible to become very powerful even without becoming a full P2P (Pay to Play) castle, but you will need patience and knowledge.
I can’t teach you patience. Hopefully, your parents already did that for you. If they didn’t teach you patience, then you are probably ridiculously entitled anyways. You may as well bring them to court. That’s what pampered kids do nowadays…
Knowledge, I can give you.
Navigate to my Lords Mobile Blog and give it a whirl. If you are the sensitive type, you will hate it! Consider yourself warned. No need to send me hate-mail (or do if you want). Just navigate to BBC or something and read an article that doesn’t trigger you.
Read More Articles for Lords Mobile
Here are some of my best articles in Lords Mobile: