Every fantasy game needs a dwarf. In the case of Lords Mobile, we got the Soul Forger, otherwise known as Drumyr. At first glance, he’s not all that special. He has a pretty basic design, copied and pasted from the likes of Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons, and a really dull backstory to match.
I’m sorry to say that his abilities aren’t particularly exciting either. He’s ordinary and boring from top to bottom. But, if you clicked this guide, you must want to know more about him. So, let’s take a look and see what Soul Forger can do.
“I shape the world with my hammer!” –Drumyr
Who Is Soul Forger?
Soul Forger is a dwarf. From his name, you might imagine that he has some deep, intricate backstory or a unique, magical ability to forge actual souls or spirits. But no. He’s just a dwarf who likes making things. So they called him Soul Forger. His only other personality trait is that he gets lost easily. Wow, IGG, you really put a ton of effort into this one.
Soul Forger Score
Let’s get critical. In this section, I’ll assign Soul Forger a rating based on his appearance, design, skills, and general usefulness. And on this site, my word is gospel. So, if you disagree, you can take a hike.
Like a lot of other heroes in the game, Soul Forger has a really generic design. He also has one of the plainest origin stories of any hero. So he has to lose a few points for that.
In terms of skills, he has a couple of handy Battle Skills and one or two decent Hero Skills. He’s not much of a commander, but he’s a semi-decent tank for Colosseum fights and challenges.
Taking all of that into account, I’m handing Soul Forger a big fat 6/10. He’s slightly above average but doesn’t have much of a “wow factor” to set him apart from the crowd.
Maybe you think 6/10 is fair. Maybe you think it’s unfair. I don’t really care either way, but in this section, I’ll talk about Soul Forger’s skills and explain why I think he deserves that score.
Let’s kick things off with a glance at his Battle Skills:
- Tectonic Burst: This offensive skill deals DMG to enemy troops equivalent to up to 200% of your squad ATK.
- Gold Supply Management: A handy passive skill that improves gold production by up to 150%.
- Trap DEF Boost: This skill only activates when deployed. It grants up to 75% more trap DEF.
- Infantry ATK Boost: Here’s another “When Deployed” skill, but this one boosts infantry ATK by up to 30%.
My thoughts: the infantry ATK boosts is nice, even if a lot of other heroes have the same skill. Trap DEF is pretty boring but can be useful when you want to make your fortifications harder to break down. The best skill is “Gold Supply Management,” as gold is usually so slow to produce. However, you’ll need to rank Drumyr up to Legendary to really see the benefits of this skill.
Next, I’ll take a look at Drumyr’s Hero Skills.
- Whirl Smash: Drumyr’s ultimate involves him spinning his hammer around in a circle, dealing damage to anything around him. This attack has an impressive range and inflicts Vulnerable on all targets for five seconds.
- Deep Impact: Another hammer attack, Deep Impact has medium range and can hit multiple enemies at once. It reduces the enemies’ CRIT for five seconds.
- Shatter: This attack damages all enemies in a line and reduces their ATK for five seconds.
- Iron Body: Drumyr’s passive ability shields him against hard hits, thanks to his strong dwarven armor.
The main advantage of Drumyr’s Hero Skills is his debuff potential. He can make enemies weaker and less likely to cause critical damage when attacking you. He can also inflict the Vulnerable effect, making your attacks even stronger. Offensively, he doesn’t do as much damage as you would hope, but he’s a useful tank.
Here’s some bonus trivia about Drumyr:
- Type: Infantry
- Class: Strength
- Species: Dwarf
- Sex: Male
- Movement: Running
How to Unlock the Soul Forger
Soul Forger is a F2P hero, so you won’t have to spend a single cent to unlock this guy. Instead, you’ll need to invest time and effort to complete the Elite Hero Stages and earn medals. Once you get 10 medals, you can unlock Drumyr.
That’s the easy part. But if you want to make Drumyr worth something, you’ll need to rank him up. Just like other heroes, it takes 330 medals in total to max him out. That means you’ll have to spend a lot of time on challenges. Have fun with that.
Soul Forger and the Colosseum
I hate to be the bearer of bad news. Actually, that’s not true. I love giving you bad news. And here it is: Drumyr isn’t great in the Colosseum. He’s not exactly terrible, but he’s miles away from the top-tier heroes, and it’s not really worth including him in your lineups.
If you desperately need a tank, he can do the job. He’ll soak up damage and stay alive for quite a while, weakening the enemy to let your other heroes hit harder. However, there are simply better all-around tanks in the game, like Rose Knight.
Rallying With Soul Forger
Soul Forger isn’t too bad at rallying. He’ll help your infantry get stronger, and his gold production boost can be handy. But, once again, there are other heroes out there who are much better suited to the commander roles. The only reason to use him is if you need gold fast.
Monster Hunting With Soul Forger
Soul Forger isn’t exactly the best monster hunter, either. Noticing a pattern here? In general, this hero isn’t the best at anything, and there are always better options, even among the F2P heroes.
However, if you insist on using him, Drumyr can prove effective in battles against monsters that are weak to physical damage. He also has very high physical defense. So, if you’re facing a hard-hitting monster that keeps beating you, Drumyr might be a useful punching bag to take some hits and help you win the fight.
Tips and Trivia
- F2P Alternatives: Bombin’ Goblin is a nice alternative to Drumyr for battles, thanks to his increases in army ATK and trap ATK. Demon Slayer also offers more infantry ATK and HP, plus more trap ATK. If you need a tank alternative for Hero mode, try Rose Knight.
- P2P Alternatives: Barbarian is a good P2P tank to use instead of Soul Forger in Hero mode. If you need someone to make your infantry more effective, try Grim Wolf or Magmaroid.